I see your FID and raise you a FAD (Film Ain't Dead).

On Aug 6, 2007, at 8:22 PM, William Robb wrote:

> The industry as a whole is showing declines in sales of sensitized
> products
> (film) of some 20% per year, Fuji is (apparently) no longer making
> B&W film
> or film cameras, Agfa is no longer making film, Kodak is no longer
> making
> B&W paper and has offshored their film manufacture to China.
> Nikon is making the F6 film camera and is rebadging a Cosina as the
> FM10,
> and has no intention of making another film camera, Canon is
> recycling their
> cameras without improvement, Pentax is no longer showing 35mm SLR
> cameras ar
> all.
> Konica is gone from the film market entirely.
> Infotrends is indicating that by the end of the decade, "90% of
> professional
> pictures will be taken with digital cameras, and less than 40% of
> professional photographers will still use film cameras".

Fuji has the strongest commitment to film of any of these companies.
They are spending big dollars advertising film in the pro photography
magazines.  In black and white they still show Neopan 100 Acros,
Neopan 400, and Neopan 1600 on their website.  I don't know where or
how often they make them.

I agree that pro photographers have gone to digital.  I know a few
exceptions who do things not readily done in digital like single-shot
panoramics or who make really BIG prints who still use film, and a
few who tried digital and didn't like it and went back to film.  But
the pro marketplace, by and large, demands digital.

Bob