And later wrote:
> It would be a lot less irritating if a list of testimonials
> was given and at the bottom it said "Click here to see if
> you won a prize".

Do you always look gift horses in the mouth?

Take a broader look at the pentaxian.com website and I think it's obvious that
the site is not primarily there to draw in new users, but to make current users
more excited about their equipment and give them some place to express their
fandom.  Pentax appears to be trying to encourage their existing user base to
feel some pride in their brand of choice.  Why give out cameras to people who
already own them?

As far as the contest format goes, I think it's a lot less fun to click a
static link instead of having a little hunting to do.

John