[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>(replying to John C)
>==============
>
>Frankly, as long as a  camera does what I want, I don't need all the bells
>and whistles, I am more  interested in lenses. To me, that seems more
>determinant of a resulting good  picture or not.

Which is why I'm celebrating being able to use my Pentax lenses :)
John you probably don't realize that all the stuff that pisses you off
about Canon is stuff I never
even know about.... I got a point and shoot Canon because it worked with
my old computer and
a Pentaxian recommended it as a good intro to digtal photography.    At
that point there wasn't
a comparable Pentax I could afford or was available as far as I could
see...

John, I'm also the one who said I would NEVER shoot digital and loved my
two LX's , two kx's and
one k1000 - none of which I paid for  - those were the days...

Its really hard for me to learn new stuff, so I couldn't switch after i
got that first Canon...
and the Pro-1 was a terrific point and shoot -
This last december I turned 70 and a dear friend gave me $1000 for my
birthday - so I
bought the 35mm and went to GFM on that.

Seems you missed the point of "my happiness is CANTAX" post -- taking
the best of two
worlds, but definitely a pro Pentax post --

I liked the 300D cause I could afford it, hold it without dropping it,
can see the CF cards and didn't
have to learn even more new stuff.   Not to mention I got it cheap.

marnie continued -

>And I really don't care much about brands, per se. In any  venue. Just
>agreeing with Ann in liking the 300D. It's not that weird to like  it. :-) I
>also
>root for Pentax because of Pentaxian friends on list who have big  investments
>and I want them to be comfortable and happy.
>
>Marnie aka Doe  :-)

Ann does like it -- but is especially glad she can use her Pentax lenses
and not have to dig in to 25 eyar
old archives for the PUG and can hang out with my PDML  friends who have
been so great to me over the
last 7 years.

but which am I? a Pentonian? or a Cantaxian?

:) :):)
ann