On 10/21/07, graywolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I want a full frame portable all in one back for my 4x5. It does not have to
> be
> high resolution, 4000x5000 will do fine for me.
>
> How's that for a dream?

Good one.

More realistic: how about a little robotic device that manages using
a digital camera for panoramas? You want 4000*5000 = 20M pixels?
Use a 6Mp camera, get maybe 2 Mp per shot after overlap. Build
a 12-shot pano and you are over your spec. Going much higher is
possible.

The thing is already in beta. $279
http://www.gigapan.org/

In a few years, will the photographer who wants absolute top
image quality be hauling one of these about instead of a view
camera?

--
Sandy Harris,
Nanjing, China