I have been scanning some old medium format family negatives and I am also
trying to get them archived better than before.

I have a lot of these plastic photo "sheets" (what do you call them - you
know regular ones with pockets for photo copies to be placed in binders?)
and thought I could put the negatives in these transparent pockets. However
it struck me that I don't really know whether the plastic may emit chemicals
that might cause damage to negatives.

Anybody in the know about how negatives (or for that matter transparencies)
go together with different kinds of plastic material?

Thanks,
Lasse