In a message dated 11/19/2007 3:32:56 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
1/  How many DSLRs do you currently own?

3 - Canon 300D, Canon XT, Pentax K100D

2/  How  many have you owned in the past?

1 - Canon 300D

3/ How many  years ago did you buy (not just use) your first DSLR?

3  years.

4/  What's the longest length of time you've owned a  single DSLR camera?

3 years.

5/ When you purchased your  first DSLR, did it live up to expectations?

Pretty much, buffered  filled up quick, but other than that, pretty much.

6/ How long have  you owned you current DSLR (if more than one, the latest) ?

1 month  (XT) and about 6-8 months (K100D).

7/ Has your latest DSLR lived up  to expectations ?

Yes and no, haven't used the XT that much yet. For  me, since price is an
object, I have to compromise, so I do a lot of research  and am pretty well
aware
what I get and what I will not get. In other words, I  can't get the upper
end, anyway.

8/ If a new model is released that  supersedes - improves upon - your
current or latest model, will you buy  it?

Depends. Size and weight is becoming increasing important to me.  If the
Pentax next generation is a similar size or smaller to the K10D, then I  might
get
it. OTOH, I tend to like to buy as much of my camera equipment used as  I
can. I am curious to see what the next Digital Rebel will be like (the 40D is
too heavy for me) and I am curious what the K20D will be like (the K10D may be
too big for me). But instead I may just grab a 10D when the prices go down
after  the new one is released. I really do like buying used and saving. This
is
just a  hobby for me, and I feel I've already spent too much on it.

9/ If a new model is released that supersedes - improves upon -  your
current or latest model, will you consider your current or latest  model
'obsolete' ?

No. Not for years, anyway. One can still get decent  photos from a 6mp camera.

10/  Do you consider your first  DSLR (whether still owned or not) 'obsolete'?

No. The write speed of the  300D was too slow though, which is why I finally
upgraded to the XT about a  month ago. It's not a matter of obsolescence, it's
a matter of upgrades having  some bells and whistles closer to what I wanted
in the first place.

11/ Have you ever had sex with a bicycle? (You don't have to  answer
this. In fact, better if you  don't).

Not intentionally.

Marnie aka Doe  ;-)

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.