James Burris wrote on Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:58:30 -0800

>  Hello all,
>
> Can I use the Sigma APO 1.4x with this lens?  What about the 1.7x?
> Any
> good 2x?

Which of the two FA* 300s are you referring to, the f4.5 or the f2.8?

The Pentax F 1.7x TC will work admirably on both of these lenses.
It's especially nice on the f2.8; low light AF can be a bit dicey
with the f4.5

The Sigma EX 1.4x TC will fit without may mechanical interference but
I've never used it on these lenses so I can't comment on its
performance.  I suspect that it would not be as good as the Pentax
however.

IMO there's no such thing as a good 2x TC except possibly for the
Pentax A-S and -L versions.  I've used both on the f2.8 with decent
results.

Regards, Jim