----- Original Message -----
From: "Godfrey DiGiorgi"
Subject: Re: OT: The modern world confuses me

> I think Microsoft is doing a great job of that themselves with the
> Vista release. ;-)

Talking about that.....
Is there any way of configuring Vista to not treat the user like they have
the brains of a 3 year old polyheaded moron?
I was trying to get a Vista machine running on our network a couple of days
ago (I eventually succeeded), but every step of the way I was informed that
continuing down the path I had chosen would have dire consequenses, and did
I really want to cause worldwide strife?
I realize that MS has pretty much been forced into over the top security,
but surely there must be a way to shut that part off and get the machine to
treat you like an adult.

William Robb