----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Re: Cotty's Specification

> Yes, D300 packaging and shutter performance would take it to the next
> level. But since  the picture is the thing, the K20D will serve quite well
> for now. Since three-year cycles seem to be about max for DSLR technology
> these days, I don't know if I need better build than what I'm getting
> here. I could use 6 fps on occassion, but those occassions are infrequent.

That kinda hits the nail on the head. Long life cycles in cameras are a
thing of the past. Build quality was important to a greater extent when a
camera might see a decade or more of use than it is now, with a life
expectancy of a few years being all that is required for the vast majority
of cameras sold.
To meet a 6 fps burst rate, the shutter would have to be improved
tremendously to be reliable, and I expect that the buffer would need to be
faster as well.

William Robb