Tim Bray wrote:

> I'm planning to.  I'm a little worried, the old *ist has made
> me very happy since I bought it in May 2004 (my write-up at the time:
> http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2004/05/16/PentaxDSLR).
>   I've grown so accustomed to the old Pentax that I'm sure
> the transition will be painful.

Very interesting link Tim. I waited a long time for a digital SLR from
Pentax and the *ist D didn't (and still doesn't) disappoint.

Paul makes an interesting point about two cameras. Oddly enough, this is no
longer an issue for me, as I only needed two cameras on the occasions of
needing one camera with B&W film and one with colour slide. I still do shoot
slide film - whilst I can - and the LX is just a joy to use. Nearly all my
leisure photography is landscape or buildings, neither of which move to the
extent of needing two identical cameras with different lenses!

Malcolm