----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob W" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Michael Kenna is not entirely to my taste, although I understand his
> appeal and recognise that he's a really good photographer. I do like a
> lot of his Japanese work though - it's a very appropriate country for
> his style.
>
> There's a video of him at work here:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3glZrvAFVUU

This was really great to see, and Kenna's work--especially the Japanese
prints--were fantastic.  The industrial shots, more specifically, the ship &
the factory pictures, called to mind Eisentein's Potemkin, but don't
misunderstand me here:  I'm not saying Kenna's work is exactly like or very
similar to Kenna's.  Just that Kenna's work made me think of Eisentein.

Thanks for posting that Bob W.  I didn't know of Kenna's work, and this was
a great introduction to it.

Cheers, Christine