I'm not entirely sure but I believe that while the LX has it's metering
behind the mirror, and several other Pentax Cameras had OTF metering for
TTL flash. All other Pentax cameras have metering cells in the
pentaprism housing and take their reading off the focusing screen,
including PTTL flash.

--
Vote for Cthulhu. Why settle for a lesser evil...
   -- Dr. Jerry Pournelle