From: Anthony Farr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 9:42 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Computer Upgrade

True, I didn't check Intel's nomenclature to find the preferred
abbreviation, but that was not the gist of my post.  I was addressing
the use of P1V rather than P-IV or P4 or any other permutation of that
name.  My point was that ~either~ all Roman ~or~ all Arabic numeral
should be used exclusively of the other.  I suspected that the
correspondent who asked what a P1V was might have known it was a Pentium
4 processsor if its name was not confused by mixed numeral styles.  As I
wrote, it was a purely pedantic observation, and rather frivolous as
well.

Regards,
Anthony Farr