> http://picasaweb.google.com/rg2pdml/Rejected?authkey=D2mjrpyoBi0
>
> Additionally, if anyone would take the time to critically help me on
> my rejects, or anyone else who chooses to share, I'd love that.  I'm
> sure there's zillions of 'rejected' photos that are very good, and
> maybe some also that can use the vast experience here to improve.

The RPS holds workshops for people submitting portfolios in the hope
of a distinction. I went to a couple of these before I got the first
distinction. They discuss the type of thing they reject straight away,
and this may also help you. Commonplace subjects like flowers,
children, lions in Africa - the kind of thing that can be well
composed, focussed, exposed etc. but is no different from hundreds of
others they've been looking at since the 19th century. If you choose a
commonplace subject it's not enough for the photos to be very good,
they have to be outstanding. The ones in your gallery are good, but
they're not outstanding.

Alternatively, they judges could be like the curators who rejected the
Impressionists, failing to recognise the new wave. The Impressionists
also established a Salon des Refuses. But if you think that you are in
that position, be careful - you could be suffering from the Van Gogh
fallacy.

Bob