>...if anyone would take the time to critically help me on my rejects, ...

Since you asked, I'll give you my $.02 worth. ----YMMV---

+The two flowers are just that, two flowers, nothing out of the ordinary,
just well exposed, colorful, but a bit too tightly cropped. There needs to
be more (unique lighting, composition, interaction with insect etc)

+Photo # 3 - I can't see why it would be submitted.

+Photo #4 - a nice photo of a child, other than that nothing out of the
ordinary.

+Photo # 5 - a shot of a spider - more of a documentary, how is this any
different than a zillion other shots of spiders? Too common a subject with
nothing out of the ordinary.

+Photo # 6 & 7 - Again, nothing out of the order other than these are most
likely kids that you hold special - nothing wrong with that, but you need to
ask if it might mean something to someone who doesn't know the children.
Exposure is blown out for my taste in both BTW.

HTH

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f