Congratulation! You're the proud parent of at least one beautiful golden
California Poppy. ;)
Ideal exposure appears to have been made out of the direct sun and, perhaps, in
"portrait" mode.(?)
All that remains of this past spring's local crop are their weed like
blossom-less stems. They're considered perennial, but are very unpredictable as
to their numbers.
Thanks, Paul, for giving me an excuse to post "My Poppy". :))

Jack

http://photolightimages.com/aspupload/detail.asp?ID=313