On 4 Dec 2001 at 13:56, David Brooks wrote:

> My D1 flash sync's to 1/500.It helps me immensley for
> "critical action" stuff.That is my big complain of the
> p/s digital stugff out there now.Shutter lag is no good(correct
> if wrong)for action stuff i do in the horsey world.For stand
> alone portrait stuff probaly ok.
> Besides i still think i take better film flash then digital flash.

The Oly E-10 (4MP fixed lens digital SLR) has 60ms shutter lag (assuming focus
is locked), sync's up to its highest shutter speed (1/640s) and can display a
level histogram over the after shot LCD view and can be bought for just a
little more than top line digital p/s. I have never found flash photography as
easy. Can't wait for a Pentax K mount digital.

Cheers,
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110