--- George Sinos <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In addition to the amount of noise, there seems to
> be an emerging
> awareness that all noise is not equal.  Some noise
> doesn't look so
> bad.  It seems to be more like film grain.  Other
> noise is just...
> well... noise.
>
> GS

I thought that the DP Review article was really
helpful describing (and actually showing) the
differences in noise "quality" between the K20D and
the comparison cameras. I think that they're correct
in assuming that the slightly "noisier" look is in
fact a measure of the resolving power of the sensor
and Pentax's choice to limit default noise reduction
to increase detail (that simply wasn't there in many
comparison shots made by other cameras).

-Brendan