I am not ignoring ANYTHING, zooms can never outperform primes
all else being equal because zooms have to have a whole bunch
of optical and mechanical compromises that primes DONT NEED.

So for a given focal length, speed, company, format, cost,
etc , the PRIME will exceed the zoom on optical performance.

Its so frikin simple and obvious, I dont know why you are
still arguing this.

What you are arguing is totally different, your comparing
different brands, formats, models available so far in
a given companies lens line, etc. NONE of that changes
the very simple facts that zooms will never match
let alone beat primes all else being equal because they
are COMPROMISED OPTICALLY in order to be able ZOOM.
i.e. a cheap prime will optically BEAT a cheap zoom
and an all out no compromise prime will beat and all
out no compromise zoom, and every price point in between.

Am I making myself clear enough on this ? ? ? ?

JC OCONNELL
[EMAIL PROTECTED]