Back in the day when I could lift more than one camera and anticipated
needing quick switches between focal length or type of film
 I had them both around my neck  with wide and soft
straps - one camera had the strap adjusted longer than the other so the
lined up nicely one above the other
but not touching.... the camera bag strap was on my shoulder and the
waistband of it around my waist for support.

It was easy to go from one to the other... sometimes the lower one was
tucked into the waistband of my bag.

Don't know if this helps or not... I couldn't use Bob W's solution as
one of my shoulders is too slanty and things
always fall off it.

ann