My son, 25,  broke his wrist a little over a month ago and has had 2
of 6 pins removed so far. Hopefully tomorrow or the next week they
will take out the two main ones and the other two smaller ones. Here
is a youtube video of what they did to him, except his break was
worse; lots more chips to remove.. It is not for the weak stomach to
view!
Your daughter should mend faster as it sounds like a clean break.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=X4jrLabnF7g&feature=related

Walt