On Sat, 8 Dec 2001, Malcolm Smith wrote:

> I would like to have Christmas cards made from some slides I took a few
> years back in the forest, lots of snow a festive appeal. I approached a few
> companies who would print the cards, but the minimum order would see me to
> 2020 with them!
>
> Would I be better off investing in a good printer and software package?

I did something like this last year - I took a picture someone else had
shot of me, the wife and the little girl (about five months old then) and
just stuck in it a card with no caption.  Sure, it's not the greatest
quality in the world, but it's nice when your little family is halfway
around the world from your relatives - they open the card and there's
a little picture of us waving at them.

Alternatively, you could print on A5 card and just fold it over.  Any
reasonable printer would do, really.  If you can double side it, very
good, but you can just write something on the inside, does the job too.

dave