<snip>
< They only ones who can justify this cost are people who are producing
lot of images. For < 35mm photography these are the photo journalist.
They have heavily invested in Nikon and < Canon lenses and won't switch
to Pentax just because it offers (for the time being) a
< few Mpix more. Theres no way Pentax can make a viable digital slr
until it reaches
< prices the amateur can afford. These prices will be reached in a
relative short while
< but not with that Philips chip.
<snip>

This seems to me, purely logical, rational, and smart business.  My
thoughts exactly.

Thanks,
Ed
http://lightandsilver.com