Oh, I'm not saying you can't do it.  It's just that many folks have a
number of wide angles that are no longer as useful in the DX format.  I
don't, so I'm happy with the smaller format.

Steven Desjardins
Department of Chemistry
Washington and Lee University
Lexington, VA 24450
(540) 458-8873
FAX: (540) 458-8878
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> Godfrey DiGiorgi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 10/21/2008 9:51 AM >>>
Olympus has a lovely 7-14mm lens in 4/3 System which nets 115 diagonal

degrees,rectilinear. There's only one lens I know of for so-called
"full frame" that provides a wider rectilinear FoV.

Godfrey - www.gdgphoto.com

On Oct 21, 2008, at 4:50 AM, Steve Desjardins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> The only real issue (in my mind) is the availability of wide angle
> lenses.  It's easier to get wide angles for the FX format (Nikonese,
> believe) especially since so many exist in the used market.  Other
> than
> that, I'm happy with a smaller camera and the DX format.

> and follow the directions.

follow the directions.

!SIG:48fddf9c272016918317400!