> Okay. But my real point was that none of the photo sites are
> perfect.
[...]
> i just didn't like the recommendation that
> PDML members refrain from posting on photo.net. I've been
> there for a
> long time, and I intend to stay there.
> Paul

I wasn't complaining about advertising as such, I was complaining about the
particularly annoying type of advertising that photo.net is showing at the
moment.

I dislike advertising intensely at the best of times. More often than not
it's visual pollution and thinly disguised lying, but I'm enough of a
realist to know it's not going away, and advertising per se won't
necessarily drive me away from a site. However I don't have to put up with
annoying animations winking in the corner of my eye.

> The fact that a site is able
> to attract advertising is an indication of its success, not its failure.

That may be so, but when the advertising starts to drive people away, who
wins?

Bob