The default search on flickr.com is for the string you enter in search associated with *photos* in flickr.com. If you click on search, click on people, then enter my name and hit the search button, you get me. Calling up Flickr.com, I get just ONE advertisement on the opening page. Even without logging into an account, once you're past that, there are NO other stinkin' advertisements.

On every photo.net page, there are one, two, or four animated advertisements. A similar search for "Paul Stenquist" in the search box on Photo.net, without changing the search domain, produces a variety of books from Amazon.com where the name "Paul" is in the description. And then the page hangs on the second click due to the crappy animated advertising junk. UNLESS you pay for the service and then you are graciously allowed to only have to pass through one or two pages of them. It's all about advertising now, something which I despise having thrust in my face at every available opportunity. And it's buggy.

At least the erroneous hits using the front page search button on Flickr have something to do with me. ];-)

Godfrey