Subash:  I hope your friends are safe; and yes, a sad day.  Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Subash" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Thursday, November 27, 2008 12:48 AM
Subject: Re: OT: Mumbi Terrorism

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 16:57:22 +1100
"Brian Walters" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I don't know how may PDMLers we have in India but Subash is certainly
one.

Foreigners seem to have been the main targets of todays' terrible
events in Mumbai but, as in all cases like this, locals invariably
get caught up in it.

Subash (and any others in India), I'm sure all of us hope you are all
safe and that calm will return soon.

brian thanks for the concern...

i am at the other eastern side of the country, but i do have a lot of
friends in mumbai. but, as i write, terrorists are holed up in three
five star hotels in mumbai, usually frequented by foreign tourists,
holding an unknown number as hostages. the army has been called up, as
have the NSG (the elite indian anti-terror squad). could be islamist
terrorists. could be hindu militants. they are not letting out
any details as operations are currently underway but already about a 100
dead. hoping for the best in the hours ahead, if there can be such a
thing in such circumstances....

regards, subash