Thanks Christine. The lens is worth owning. It provides a substantial increase in FOV over either the 16-45 or 16-50. The 14/2.8, while a nice lens and a faster lens, provides only half the increase.
Paul
On Dec 3, 2008, at 12:22 AM, Christine Aguila wrote:

Yes, good job here with this lens, Paul. Your explanation of lighting strategy was helpful and informative as well. Yes, this lens seems like one to be seriously considered. Nice pic too, Paul. Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "PN Stenquist" <[EMAIL PROTECTED] >
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 1:13 PM
Subject: PESO: DA 12-24 in action

Here's a shot of a drag car passenger cabin. It's the Dodge Challenger factory SS car that I shot last month. It's at ISO400, f4.5, 1/750th and 12mm. The focus is on the steering wheel. I needed f4.5 to be able to light the black interior with the 540 and lightsphere diffuser. I needed 1/750th to keep the background from burning out. There's some Moire (sp?) patterning on the window net and the seat belt fabric, but I think that's a function of the lighting rather than the lens. This is the full frame. At 100% the seams on the steering wheel wrap are sharp. The lens has returned a lot of good results for me.
http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=8335606&size=lg