In a message dated 12/3/2008 9:00:06 A.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
The reason:   My  eye was attracted by the specular highlights from the
interaction  of the waves and the grass.  So I took a number of varying
exposures to  try and capture them.

The result:  Not a single image has those  highlights, nor do they seem
to be recoverable by any manipulation in the  Raw converter or Photoshop.

Still this image has a bit of interest.   Well I like it  anyway.

http://home.earthlink.net/~morephotos/PESO%20--%20beachgrass.html

Equipment:   Pentax *ist-Ds/smc Pentax F 70-210mm f3.8-5.6

Additional Bonus  Rant:  This image also shows the hazards of resizing
for the web.   The Pentax F 70-210 is very sharp and captures more detail
than the 6mp  sensor in the *ist-D[x] cameras can record, yet in the web
photo everything  looks a bit blurred.  True there was a bit of wind
moving the grass,  but some was stationary and very sharp in the full
size image, here none of  it is.

As usual comments are welcome but may be totally  ignored.

It's pleasant, Peter. With nice spacing and  lines.

Marnie aka Doe  :-)

Warning: I am now  filtering my email, so you may be censored.