In a message dated 12/3/2008 9:46:15 A.M.  Pacific Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
John Francis  wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 06:02:35PM -0500, PN Stenquist  wrote:
>
>> "Editorializing by photo" isn't a new  concept, but it's ugly journalism.
>> It has nothing to do with facts  or positions. It's just an attempt to
>> discredit by virtue of  appearances.
>>

> Only if, as  you apparently do, you assume it will always be negative.
> I'd suggest  that "editorializing by photo" is why you hardly ever see
> a photograph  of President (Franklin) Roosevelt in a wheelchair.

Actually that was enforced by the secret service at times.  I don't
think that Roosevelt liked being seen as a  cripple.

I've read/heard that they felt there might be  lack of confidence in him as
president as a result. Tough times (depression/war)  and if he was seen as a
cripple people might think he couldn't handle  it.

Marnie