On Dec 21, 2008, at 11:11 , Peter Alling wrote:

Not so much a question of can you afford it but will you find a lab that will do a good job processing it, (and by a good job I mean simply returning negatives that aren't smegged up due to contaminated chemicals). One of the main reasons I picked up a *ist D three years ago was that all the "professional" photo labs within easy walk or short drive were going out of business.

We still have two pro labs open here in the Seattle area. At least we did two years ago when I last used one. Like many others they were down to one E-6 run per day, or every other. But they had been gearing up for digital for years, offering custom scanning and printing. Less 'C' type and more inkjet.

When I go into town tomorrow I'll have to stop by and see what their price list and setup looks like now. Might get those two rolls of 120 processed too.

Joseph McAllister
Lots of gear, not much time

gallery.me.com/jomac
web.me.com/jomac/show.me/Blog/Blog.html