Larry Colen wrote:
On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 07:13:20PM -0500, Adam Maas wrote:

# > So, I just thought I'd check out the level of interest in the 50 and
# > see if anyone as a 100 that they're thinking of selling.
# >
# >
# # Buy a Kiron/Lester Dine or Vivitar 105mm f2.8 in KA form for much cheaper?

OK, what are the options for 100mm-ish macros that also work well as
general purpose lenses? What are their strengths and weaknesses?

105mm f2.5 Vivitar Series 1 macro. An outstandingly sharp lens and usually relatively inexpensive on the used market. On the LX and *ist D I used it as a general purpose short tele, portrait lens and it was a perfect 1:1 macro lens.

Christian