G'day Boris

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 17:13 +0300, "Boris Liberman" <bori...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Before I forget (though it is not Friday, but nonetheless) - if you have
> matching macro adapter (I think it is two elements apo design) that came
> with Cosina 100/3.5 macro lenses, I'd like to buy it. I've FA 100/3.5
> macro and I'd like to "complete" it with this adapter.
>
> And the question. I've truly excellent Metz 40MZ-2 flash with SCA 3701
> adapter that works really well. I would like to try to get somewhat more
> serious about my nature macro photography. To that end I am thinking of
> a macro flash. However I've already have a good flash. Thus, I was
> thinking - is there such a thing that can be attached to the head of a
> general flash, say my Metz 40MZ-2, that will transmit the light to the
> front of the lens, just like the ring macro flash?
>
> Any input on the issue will be greatly appreciated.

Here's another example of a DIY attempt.  It's rough but seems to work:

http://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-make-a-diy-ring-flash-tutorial

It probably wouldn't be too difficult to do a neater (and more compact)
job than this guy managed.

Also, as Dave S mentioned, you can use your existing flash if you get it
off camera.  I use a short flash bracket attached to the base of the
camera  that I can use with either a single flashgun or two guns, one
each side of the camera.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters