William Robb wrote:

I take it that agencies no longer care about the quality of the photographs so much as some of the less than important aspects of the technology of taking them?

William Robb
Everyone can have a few lucky shots (as you can see even me! :P)

Don't get me wrong, I love Pentax and as every pentaxian I am a latent-Nikon-fan too and the D700 is really really tempting (like the dark side :D) I don't want to change. I am happy with my Pentax K20D and the good old Jupiter-9 f2/85 :) Just it's not a setup that an agency would like to see :) So technology does matters a lot...

Also if you want to do product-pictures the 14 megapixel is not enough. For example you make a photo of a product it has to be at least 20 MPix to be good enough for city-advertisements. At least that's what I was told... :)

I would love to work as a photographer once (for now I think retoucher or assistant is more suitable for me), but it's not easy to find such a job... :)

.t