On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:12 -0700, "Joseph McAllister" <pentax...@mac.com>
wrote:
> A pretty thorough reading of both the K20D and AF540FGZ manuals re:
> TCS reveals nothing. It is neither mentioned as doable or not doable.
> It does "imply" that it should work, but does not back that up in text
> or sync spec charts.
>
> Let us know what tech support at Pentax has to say please...

Going backwards and forwards between the K200D and AF360FGZ manuals last
night left me with a serious headache and no enlightenment, other than
the fact that Pentax needs to employ competent technical writers.

I suspect strongly that TCS isn't possible in wireless mode.

Cheers

Brian

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia

> On Apr 20, 2009, at 18:12 , Bruce Walker wrote:
>
> > Doug Brewer wrote:

> >> oh, yeah, and the flash set to slave mode, built-in flash popped up.
> >
> > Custom #29 = 2 ... check.
> > flash on TCS ... check.
> > camera on wireless ... check.
> > ext flash on Slave ... check.
> > PUF up ... check.
> >
> > External flash still fires on leading curtain.  I have the shutter
> > speed at 0.5 sec so I can see where the flash occurs.  I've also
> > tried speeding the shutter up and panning across an object and it is
> > still doing LCS.  I've tried with SR on and off (I recall reading
> > that some flash mode doesn't work with SR on).
> >
> > I'm going to try resetting all the options 'cause I'm running right
> > out of ideas.
>
> Joseph McAllister
> Pentaxian

                          wherever you are