From: Nick Wright
The past several months I've been trying to figure out who I am as a
photographer. Turns out there wasn't anything really to figure out,
just took me a while to figure that out.

That said, I've started a new photo blog dedicated to the photos that
I've been making all the while I've been trying to figure out what I
didn't need to figure out.

You can get there using the same old address, I forwarded it to the
new blog. http://www.nickdavidwright.com/

But in honor of my newly realized mission statement I dug out some old
work and posted it to the blog as well.

I apologize that this is from my in-between Pentax period (also known
as the Dark Ages [i.e.- Canon]). But one of my favorite lightning
pictures:

http://kansasphotography.wordpress.com/2009/05/08/lightning/

Thanks for your time and for putting up with my wiffle-waffling.

I like the lightning shot, but the one that really got me was the "American Soda Fountain".

My first camera was a Kodak Brownie my grandmother gave me. There was a Rexall Drug down the street from my house where I could take my film to be sent off to Kodak. Walk down the street a week later and get your photos back.

I guess that was 50 years ago. I haven't seen a Rexall Drugs around here for years and years.