----- Original Message -----
From: "Dario Bonazza"
Subject: K-7 in hand

> The only thing I truly don't like is they have inverted the concept of the
> four-way controller.
> Old: direct control of AF points and shortcut to
> balance/shooting/ISO/flash settings (second function) via Fn button.
> New: direct access to settings I don't use so often and indirect access to
> moving the AF points (via the OK button), which I often change all the
> time.

I thought that was a really stupid way to set the camera up when I read the
spec sheet. I tried "adjusting" the focus point on my K20 by pushing the OK
button and then the 4 way (obviously this is just going through the
motions).
They've made moving the focus point difficult enough that they've taken away
some of the advantage of the extra responsiveness the camera should have,
and they've completely destroyed the intuitiveness of the interface.

>A firmware update allowing the customization of this operation is in
>order!!!

This shouldn't be a firmware update, they've broken the operationality of
the camera. The camera should be released with this issue fixed.

Note to Pentax: Make the OK button a toggle from AF adjust to menu adjust.

William Robb