Jostein,
The two metal thingies are cyclones, kind of wind machines to separate
things like wheat from chaff.
I appreciate your other comments.  Many of us share childhood
experiences of long, boring car trips across the great plains,
punctuated with the spotting of a grain elevator or other industry
along the way.  I suspect that many of us would miss all the nuances
you see in a Norwegian fishing village shot.
Regards, Bob S.