On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 23:21:07 +0100
"Bob W" <p...@web-options.com> wrote:

> > > You and Subash could have started a Pentax/Enfield owner's club!
> >
> > My Enfield.
> >
> > http://vcrai.com/Lee-Enfield_Rifle.jpg
> >

> that's what we used to shoot at school. I was a teenage marksman!

i studied in a school where we had military training and we had
enfield .303 rifles for shooting practice. that pic looks very
much like the ones we had. i was never a marksman though.

lots of indian policemen still have an enfield .303 as standard issue.
it's just symbolic in most places anyway....till the other guy shows
up with an ak47 of course, as it happened recently in the mumbai
attacks...