From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of Larry
Colen
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2009 1:56 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Consumer Reports on "cool cameras"

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 01:47:15PM -0400, Desjardins, Steve wrote:

> LOL.  I'm not nearly this picky with cars.  The truck starts and hauls stuff
> where I want it to.  The Subaru stays on the road in bad weather.  This is
> what most folks care about, which is why the in-depth analysis of
> car/motorcycle magazines is largely useless to the average driver.  In terms
> of performance, they want reliability and reasonable pickup.  After that, the
> sound system, cool interior features, and appearance win.

With a bit of work, I could write just about the same sentence about
cameras, or stereos, stoves or computers. As long as something pretty
much does what it is supposed to, and doesn't break down too often,
most people are pretty much satisfied with it. This explains both the
Toyota Camry and the Canon EOS.

--
The fastest way to get your question answered on the net is to post
the wrong answer.