I like tend to favor FF manual focus optics for now. NO, I don't carry
all these all the time, I have many other prime and zoom combos
but if I had to cover widest range at best
possible quality, this would be it for now.

My minimal kit is a

18mm prime smck f3.5
24-50/A F4
70-210/a F4
300 A* F4

Zooms would cut down on this all prime kit quite a bit, and
many of them are indeed quite sharp, but
they are generally not in same class as these
from a contrast/tonal range standpoint.

One thing I have learned with lenses is that you may not always
be able to see or exploit the better sharpness of a sharper
lens but you can almost always see and exploit the better
tonal range/contrast of a better contrast range/ better tonality lens.

--
J.C. O'Connell (mailto:hifis...@gate.net)
Home Page - www.jchriso.com