Fred wrote:

>>So, if I use a consistent exposure method,
>>but need an incident meter to accomplish that
>>goal, how do I turn my 35mm camera into an
>>incident meter?
>>

> One possibility (although I have never used one, so I am not really
> recommending them, just suggesting...) is the Expo/Disc -
>
> http://www.expodisc.com/
>
> Maybe someone here on the PDML has actually used one and can offer
> some comments...

I haven't used it since I have an incident meter -- two actually. :) But
it should work fine. There is a fixed relationship between a reflected
meter reading from a gray card and an incident reading of the same light
-- I don't recall how many stops and am too lazy to go look at my meter
that shows the difference. If I correctly understand how it works, the
expo-disk snaps over the lens and blocks that amount of the light so
when you point the lens at the light source the in-camera reflected
light meter becomes, in effect, an incident meter.

Sorry to see from the web site that the inventor, George Wallace, died
last May. He used to hang around the Compuserve photography forum and
seemed to be a nice guy, if a little fanatic in his view that everybody
should use an expo-disk. :)

Bob