On Oct 12, 2009, at 3:56 PM, Joseph McAllister wrote:

On Oct 12, 2009, at 10:46 , William Robb wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "paul stenquist"
Subject: Re: Geso: Jacqueline

On Oct 12, 2009, at 12:32 PM, William Robb wrote:

Jacqueline was a lot of fun to work with.
I'm having a bugger of a time with my monitor calibration, so I'm not certain if the colour is off or not.
A bit of feedback regarding that would be appreciated.

The images are very heavily processed

http://users.accesscomm.ca/wrobb/pictures/gesos/jacqueline/index.html

Techie stuff:
K-7, 77mm LTD.

Enjoy

William Robb

I like some of the poses. The white chair and light background is a nice touch. Overall, a bit contrasty and bright. Color leans a bit toward orange/ brown skin tones. It could pass for natural, but I suspect you'll want to tweak it when you get your monitor situation back in order.

Hi Paul, thanks for the input.
She is from Chile, and is Spanish/Indian, so she is quite a bit darker skinned than yer average white girl. Brownish I can live with, as she has pretty brown skin, orange is not good at all.

The pics with the dark dress seated full length were lit for her boobs and hands, not her face. If that was your intent. fine, works for me ('cept I'm a B-cup kinda guy). If not, move those lamps, er... strobes up!

Other than that they look fine on my 'calibrated' monitor (iMac). Except I'm told that these iMacs cannot be made dim enough to be properly calibrated for printing.

My iMac 25 can be dimmed to match my printer output. I have it with the brightness scale about 1/3 of the way off the bottom. With a Spider 2 calibration, it's a perfect match for my Epson R2400.

Paul

I agree. Which would make your images darker than what I am seeing. Color looks good, a hint, as others say, of warmth, comparing your backdrop grey area to the grey of your border, and my calibrated grey screen.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

I couldn't remember most of what I know today
if it weren't for others sharing their knowledge
of my past on the Internet. Thank you…