I tried to send this from thunderbird, but it has my email as
lrc.red4...@ember.purechaos.com.

I'm on a mailing list for old time denizens of alt.peeves. I posted a
peeve about my new POST (POS Toyota) that I picked up for $300, along
with some shots of the cracked exhaust manifold (which is why I got it
so cheaply). Brian commented:

Brian Scearce wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 01:50:04AM -0800, Larry Colen wrote:
>
>> http://www.flickriver.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157622826051314/
>>

> And by the way, those are excellent pictures.  Just relabel them
> "(Re)Cast Iron: A Transgressive Deconstruction Of Industrial
Artifacts
> >From A Post-Industrial Perspective" and you could get them in a
> gallery, I bet.

I called his bluff, and did a little bit of editing and processing of
a few of them. I think you may be amused by the results:
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157622720032299/

By the way, I'm glad I took the shots when I took the car apart, there
were two sets of very similar nuts, same size and thread pitch, but
they went on opposite ends of the manifold, and I didn't notice which
was which when I took it apart.

Larry Colen             l...@red4est.com            http://www.red4est.com/lrc