frank theriault wrote:
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 8:17 PM, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:
<snip>
I called his bluff, and did a little bit of editing and processing of
a few of them. I think you may be amused by the results:
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157622720032299/
<snip>

I wouldn't say I'm amused, I'm more like "impressed".

That's an impressive gallery.  Very well done!

Thank you very much.

Natural lighting, some sort of studio set up, or regular flash?

For the shots in the car, the first 4, I used one of those quartz halogen work lights, kind of like this:
http://www.goodmart.com/products/1123185.htm

I may have had some fill from a fluorescent trouble light. Basically the light that I was using to work on the car.

The last two were taken by putting the manifold on the sidewalk in the shade in my front yard.

cheers,
frank