frank theriault wrote:

> One of the many things that pisses me off about this is that those
> with "real" cameras aren't what security and cops should concern
> themselves with - it's cellphone cameras that they ought to worry
> about.  They're everywhere, and I see people using them all the time
> in places where I know that I with my Pentax would be asked to put the
> camera down.

Absolutely. Anyone deciding - for whatever reason - to photograph something
without drawing attention will use a cellphone or other daily object with a
hidden camera.

Over the years, when various incidents have happened, there is often an
official request for tourists/photographers to come forward with pictures
they took at the time, that might help. If people feel that carrying a
camera to certain places is pointless, any future request will be pointless
too.

Malcolm