Besides the excellent 16-45 that some people suggested, there is the FA 20-35. Small, AF and high IQ too, though you would have to look for a second hand one.

The Voigtländer 58mm 1.4 seems an excellent choice for an 85mm equivalent, but I think it will be hard to focus it accurately using the comparatively small K-x viewfinder, as you come from an MX which has an enormous viewfinder compared to APS-C DSLRs. Every time I compare my two MX to the *ist DS and K10D, I am astonished at the difference. But in that case you can buy a Pentax O-ME53 magnifying eyecup.

Carlos

Sandy Harris escribió:

What I have in mind is the classic 35/85 two lens kit.

35 full-frame equivalent would be wide enough for most of my
purposes. Good cheap 24/2 or 2.8 would be first choice if there
was one. 21 Limited definitely appeals, but nothing wider unless
it is a zoom.

I thought of a 10-20 or 12-24 zoom, but I don't think I'd need
the wider end much and those lenses tend to be fairly heavy
& expensive.

On the longer side, 75 mm equivalent is the minimum, and
I'd prefer a bit longer. Voigtlander 58/1.4 is my first thought.

I can afford 21 Limited and 50/1.4, giving me two autofocus
Pentax lenses. Those look like a good match and comments
on them are all positive. 50 is not quite as long as I'd like,
but you can't have everything.

Voigtlander 58/1.4 would be preferable on the long end,
but it is more money, not autofocus and perhaps harder
to match. Might not work well with 21, too big a gap
between.

I thought perhaps the 58 and Sigma 24/1.8 to give me
two fast lenses, but the Sigma i's fairly heavy and no-one
here is praising it. I'm no longer considering that.

The advice to use the 16-45 was a surprise. That is a
pretty flexible lens. Going down to 24 mm equivalent
may not be essential, but it is something I'd use.

The obvious 2nd lens to go with it would be 70/2.4
Limited. That would be a bit beyond what I want to
spend, but a very flexible kit. Hmmm....

Se certifico que el correo entrante no contiene virus.
Comprobada por AVG - www.avg.es Version: 9.0.725 / Base de datos de virus: 270.14.124/2596 - Fecha de la version: 01/01/10 10:20:00