I think it is perhaps a question of how well a camera's af/metering
system can "identify" and "understand" what is in an image - IIRC
Nikon advertised the F5 as having a database of 30.000 typical light
distributions for common image situations which would let it choose
both focus point and metering priority. I have never read a single
word in any Pentax publication how they do their metering and auto af
point selections. Now, back to Kumbayah =)