On 13/01/2010, paul stenquist <pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:

> I easily have 20,000 exposures on my three SDM Pentax lenses, with no
> problems. That's just one case, so it proves nothing, but I'm very satisfied.
> Paul

That's great Paul, you were fortunate enough to get good ones, I too
had a problem that didn't exist on my K10D (misaligned mirror which
screwed up the level and AF). Fortunately I found over 150 other K10D
users on various forums that made extremely similar claims about
issues that they had with their K10D so with much insistence I finally
had it rectified (it was in the hands of the repairers for over 100
days in three trips). Having a bad experience like that hones your
sensitivity to these sorts of problems.

--
Rob Studdert (Digital  Image Studio)
Tel: +61-418-166-870 UTC +10 Hours