On Jan 12, 2010, at 16:01 , William Robb wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "paul stenquist"
Subject: Re: Speaking of SDM...

I easily have 20,000 exposures on my three SDM Pentax lenses, with no problems. That's just one case, so it proves nothing, but I'm very satisfied.

Go over to ForumsNeurotica and read some of the SDM threads.
You'll consider yourself lucky.

William Robb

Forums such as this are mostly populated by those with problems and/or complaints. PDML is no exception, though the tone is more civil. It is rare that we get into it like they do over at Pentaf**k**u.

As such, those without equipment failures, or who know a few things about photography, or are too busy being photographers to whine, never have their opinions aired, their successes championed.

But, for the "record", none of my Pentax digital gear has failed in any way in the 5 years I've owned them. In 40+ years of Pentax, I've had 2 LX bodies CLA'd, one lens repaired for physical damage from dropping, and tossed another lens in the trash for element separation. All my other digital or electronically designed photo and video equipment is dead.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

The Big Bang was silent, and probably invisible.
— from the Pentaxian's thoughts on particle physics, so far.